Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Saltwick Bay, Yorkshire.

A very cold and windy morning at Saltwick Bay in Yorkshire.

I got up at 7am to try and find this spot yesterday and after driving up and down Hawsker road three times I decided to head toward the holiday park and lo' there was the cliff overlooking the bay. I opened the car door and nearly had it wrenched from my hand by the wind. Leaving my camera bag in the car, I walked over to the cliff edge and looked down into the bay. This was the correct spot alright but how do I get down? I noticed off to my right a VERY narrow dirt track winding down the hill. Ah ha! So I grabbed my bag from the car and made for the start of the track to be greeted by a very comforting sign:

"This path is not maintained by the holiday park. Use at own risk. Path in a dangerous condition"

I love those signs. They remind me of the equally welcomingl:

"Road maintained by public donation"

...signs that I see in Australia.

Anyway, I took the path but decided to turn back after a few metres because the wind was INSANE!!! and I didn't fancy being BLOWN down to the bay.

With no photos taken that morning I was a little disappointed but resolved to go back the next day which is when I took the shot you see here. The conditions were a little better though the path was still a bit tricky and muddy. Tomorrow there will be some sunshine. Hear me, weather?

Taken on a Canon EOS 40D and Sigma 10-20mm lens.

HDR [-2,0+2]

No comments:

Post a Comment