Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ripples in the sand


I had spent a while taking this shot and hadn't noticed the clouds forming in the east. I clambered over the old pier and it felt like climbing a huge mountain to be greeted by a grand view from the top. Seeing this as I crested the summit was like receiving a little gift from God :)

Taken with a Canon EOS 40D and 17-85mm EFS lens. HDR stitched panorma of 12 shots three exposures each. Stitched in PTGui to output three exposure planes [-2,0,+2] HDR was carried out in Dynamic photo HDR.

I've been looking at Ken Duncan's panographs and how he uses sand ripples as a foreground feature. I particularly like in this shot that the sand ripples curve around to 'mirror' the fanning out of the clouds

View On Black

flickr
my blog
facebook
redbubble
twitter





No comments:

Post a Comment